We are a volunteer-based organization that provides free literacy skills assessment and instruction to underserved people in St. Augustine, Florida, and surrounding cities. In addition to one-on-one literacy tutoring, Learn to Read also helps people learn English as a second language (ESOL) through personal tutoring and group conversation courses.
What we do
Learn to Read of St. Johns County, Inc. is an IRS §501(c)(3) exempt organization, FEIN 59-2994710. registered (CH#188) with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs. Contributions are deductible under IRS §170 and/or IRS §6115. “A Copy Of Learn to Read’s Official Registration And Financial Information May Be Obtained From The Division Of Consumer Services By Calling 1-800-435-7352 Toll Free Within The State. Registration Does Not Imply Endorsement, Approval Or Recommendation By The State."
Phone: 904-826-0011 Location: 70 South Dixie Highway, St. Augustine, FL 32084
CFC Code: 34172 FSECC Code: 74319
RUBBER DUCKY REGATTA RACE- October 5, 2014 2:00 PM Splash Water Park, Nocatee
Your adopted numbered rubber ducky will paddle down the "Lazy Tides River"
with “quackles” of ducks in a race for fabulous prizes!!
$5 One Lucky Ducky
$25 Handful of Quacks! Five ducks, plus one free
$50 Quacks by the Dozen! Ten ducks, plus two free
$100 Quacks Galore! Twenty ducks, plus five free
and other options!
Adoptions are also available at the following:
First Southern Bank , 709 S Ponce De Leon Blvd, St Augustine
Learn to Read, 70 S. Dixie Highway, St. Augustine 10 AM - 4 PM
Thank you to our sponsors!
Neff Jewelers, Conrads Steakhouse, Splash Water Park, Angel Nail & Spa, South Beach Cleaners
Atlantic Automotive and Quick Lube Center, Dee Mountcastle, Realtor
For Board Members and Staff Information - Click "About Us"
Next Tutor Training Scheduled
Saturday, Oct. 11, 2014, 8:30 AM - 3 PM
To register call Charlotte at
Adopt a ducky online as an individual or choose a sponsoring company that has set a goal for us toward the 5,000 duckies available for adoption found in the dropdown box on the donate page. Would your company would like to set a goal? Give us a call at 904-826-0011!
Prizes - and they keep growing!!
*$772 Value - Family Membership YMCA
* $350 Value: 3 days/2 nights Cedar Cove Beach & Yacht Club, including $100 spending money from Realtors Janice Brown and Dee Mountcastle
* $250 Gift Certificate to Neff Jewelers
* $200 Gift Certificate to Ruth Chris Steak House
* $100 VISA Card from Ameris Bank
* $100 Day pass for 6 - Splash Water Park -Nocatee
* $50 Gift Certificate to Conrads Steakhouse
* $50 Certificate (tickets) Limelight Theatre
* Membership to the YMCA
* $30 Gift Certificate to South Beach Cleaners
* $25 Gift Certificate to Angel Nails & Spa
* $20 Gift Certificates to The World Famous Oasis (5 available)
* $20 Gift Certificates to Outback Steakhouse (2 available)
* Gift Certificate - Automotive & Quick Lube Center (2 available)