We are a volunteer-based organization that provides free literacy skills assessment and instruction to underserved people in St. Augustine, Florida, and surrounding cities. In addition to one-on-one literacy tutoring, Learn to Read also helps people learn English as a second language (ESOL) through personal tutoring and group conversation courses.
What we do
Learn to Read of St. Johns County, Inc. is an IRS §501(c)(3) exempt organization, FEIN 59-2994710. registered (CH#188) with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs. Contributions are deductible under IRS §170 and/or IRS §6115. “A Copy Of Learn to Read’s Official Registration And Financial Information May Be Obtained From The Division Of Consumer Services By Calling 1-800-435-7352 Toll Free Within The State. Registration Does Not Imply Endorsement, Approval Or Recommendation By The State."
Phone: 904-826-0011 Location: 70 South Dixie Highway, St. Augustine, FL 32084
CFC Code: 34172 FSECC Code: 74319
RUBBER DUCKY REGATTA RACE- October 5, 2014 2:00 PM Splash Water Park, Nocatee
(You do not need to be present to win)
Your adopted numbered rubber ducky will paddle down the "Lazy Tides River"
with “quackles” of ducks in a race for fabulous prizes!!
$5 One Lucky Ducky
$25 Handful of Quacks! Five ducks, plus one free
$50 Quacks by the Dozen! Ten ducks, plus two free
$100 Quacks Galore! Twenty ducks, plus five free
and other options!
Adoptions are also available at the following:
First Southern Bank , 709 S Ponce De Leon Blvd, St Augustine
Learn to Read, 70 S. Dixie Highway, St. Augustine 10 AM - 4 PM
Thank you to our sponsors!
Neff Jewelers, Conrads Steakhouse, Splash Water Park, Angel Nail & Spa, South Beach Cleaners
Atlantic Automotive and Quick Lube Center, Dee Mountcastle, Realtor, The Chanti Room
For Board Members and Staff Information - Click "About Us"
Next Tutor Training Scheduled
Saturday, Oct. 11, 2014, 8:30 AM - 3 PM
To register call Charlotte at
Adopt a ducky online as an individual or choose a sponsoring company that has set a goal for us toward the 5,000 duckies available for adoption found in the dropdown box on the donate page. Would your company would like to set a goal? Give us a call at 904-826-0011!
Prizes - and they keep growing!!
*$772 Value - Family Membership YMCA
* $350 Value: 3 days/2 nights Cedar Cove Beach & Yacht Club, including $100 spending money from Realtors Janice Brown and Dee Mountcastle
* $250 Gift Certificate to Neff Jewelers
* $200 Gift Certificate to Ruth Chris Steak House
* $100 VISA Card from Ameris Bank
* $100 Publix Card from Publix
* $100 Day pass for 6 - Splash Water Park -Nocatee
* $50 Gift Certificate to Conrads Steakhouse
* $50 Certificate (tickets) Limelight Theatre
* Membership to the YMCA
* $30 Gift Certificate to South Beach Cleaners
* $25 Gift Certificate to The Chianti Room
* $25 Gift Certificate to Angel Nails & Spa
* $20 Gift Certificates to The World Famous Oasis (5 available)
* $20 Gift Certificates to Outback Steakhouse (2 available)
* Gift Certificate - Atlantic Auto & Quick Lube Center (2 available)
Neff Jewelers will donate 10% of all sales from now through Saturday, September 13th to Learn to Read! Hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 7 Rhode Ave, St. Aug. Thank you, Dan and Jan Neff!
Why is literacy and education so important? Click "Common Good Forecaster" below and see how education impacts health and income potential; one's overall quality of life.
United Way of Putnam County, Inc.
Altrusa Club Scrabble Party to benefit LTR on Sept. 20th, 2 PM to 4 PM! $5 a game! Call Chris Plant at 824-6515. All Scrabblers Welcome!